Day 8 - Great Release Program
Day Eight of the Great Release Program by Silver RavenWolf 2020
2nd Qtr Gemini Moon Mercury in Capricorn sextiles Neptune in Pisces -- a super creative day! Capricorn is foundation and reward -- Pisces is visionary and creative. Opportunities for good fortune await!
Today's Challenge: Work with your House Spirit -- this is an image you have chosen to represent your program goal. You can make your symbol, use one you already have, or purchase something that appeals to you. Traditionally, it is believed that the house spirit icon or altar was situated in a corner, as where two walls meet holds the pattern of sacred space. For this program, the house spirit you choose is a symbol of success in this program. Write your goal on a piece of paper and place it under the image you have chosen. Share with others how you are working with your house spirit in the comments section -- we would love to hear!
For years I have been fascinated with household and personal "spirits" -- objects in everyday life imbued with an energy of their own...thinking...laughing...protecting family members... enjoying the warmth in the winter and the cool, forest breezes of the summer.
The Garden Man is in honor of my father. I built this interesting herb holder/statue a few years ago. My father bought the clay head in the 1980's. I glued a wooden bowl to a tripod of sticks and straw. The head contains some of my father's ashes and his favorite booze -- Jamieson Whiskey. He loved his garden so we hang many of our bundles for magick and medicine to dry under his watchful gaze. The pot underneath the head contains dirt, herbs, a petition, gemstones, and other assorted magickal trinkets. In some cultures, it is believed that ancestors function as house spirits.
Octavia sits in the kitchen with her friends, guarding the entrance to the dining room. Over time, family members have purchased several "friends" and toys for her.
Priscilla changes hats according to the season from her perch in the living room. She oversees all healing circles held there.
Many cultures across the world believe that dolls and other objects have the ability to hold spirits that can affect the inhabitants of a place. If this subject fascinates you, and you are interested in historical and cultural information on household spirits, check out Claude Lecouteux's book -- The Tradition of Household Spirits - Ancestral Lore and Practices, available through Inner Traditions and on Amazon.
Summary -- Possible Stars Today: 26
1. Do the Morning Ritual – earn one gold star.
2. Practice the Rattle Bath – earn one gold star.
3. Mark what you accomplished on your Great Release Calendar.
4. Read your Main Goal 9 times aloud - earn one gold star -- you will only have to do this for the first 10 days (almost done!)
5. Do one thing toward this week’s goal -- small steps are just fine. This is Day 1 of your 2nd goal.
6. Throw or give one thing away. -- earn 1 gold star.
7. Today' Challenge -- Set up your household spirit that represents your goal for this program. To give it a name -- repeat the name you have chosen three times -- blow on the image 3 times. Earn 10 stars.
8. Practice the Silver Protocol. How is this working for you? Earn one star.
9. Do one Three-Minute Dash -- earn one gold star.
10. Practice your Nightly Buzz-Through Review
Bonus: Comment on today's post -- earn 10 stars!
Peace with the Gods Peace with Nature Peace Within.
Visit Silver's Online Store: Http://www.whispermagick.com